Monday, January 12, 2015

How things have been

I know I've been doing a lot of updating lately about my personal life, but it's primarily because I've not had a lot of energy for creative or serious thought and I'm trying to be faithful to my second word for 2015 -- write.  Since my last post on Thursday, I have been fighting the same stomach bug as my hubby Gray. Even today, Monday, I'm still struggling with the last vestiges of it. It's one of these things that assaults you hard for about 24-36 hours and then once your stomach settles, you just feel totally wiped out for another 2-3 days. I'm currently in that second phase and given that I can't really stop and have a good 2-3 days of sleeping/resting, I have a feeling my 2-3 days may last most of this week.

To be honest, I had a rough day yesterday emotionally. I was feeling kinda like I just couldn't catch a break. I was still feeling rough from all the vomiting (sorry, no easy way to put that), the kids were acting crazy, the house was in shambles because I've not had a lot of energy since our return to really try to put anything to rights, Gray was tired from nursemaiding me and staying on top of the kids, and I just felt done with all of it. Today is a bit better because I'm feeling less yucky, but a lot of things remain status quo from yesterday.

In some ways, I feel like neither Gray or I had much of a vacation over the Christmas holidays. AB got the stomach bug on the way to Pennsylvania (you haven't lived until you've had to clean up that kind of thing in the middle of the night from a car seat at a gas station just off the highway with 23 degree temps outside and the wind whipping at you) then about three days after we arrived, both Gray and M2 got it (along with Gray's sister) at the same time, then on New Year's Eve, Gray started feeling unwell again which wound up with us staying an extra two days. We got home, put everyone to bed that night, and plunged into work and school the next day. Also, the day after that, GB learned how to climb out of her crib, so naturally, she now wants to only nap on her time and not when I need her to nap, so any rest I wanted to try to get to catch up on what I didn't get over our vacation isn't going to happen either. Kind of a perfect storm, you know? It's no wonder I had a good cry yesterday. I think it's safe to say that Gray and I both need a vacation from our vacation.


On a happy note though, we should be getting a new oven soon! We've been without a functional oven for over six months now. You don't really realize how much you use an oven until you're suddenly without it. I have SO missed the ability to just pop something in the oven for dinner or to decide to make something tasty like my super yummy pumpkin muffins (for the recipe see this entry from October). I can't wait to have an oven again!

I guess for now, that's all. I've got a couple of things I'm working on for later this week for Theology Thursday and a couple of other posts besides. Perhaps I can get in some rest later (y'all cross your fingers that GB will actually take a nap and not climb out of her bed!) and do a bit of writing too. Have a good day!

8 comments:

  1. LOL I love that picture! Sounds like a rough week, prayers for a smoother time this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, my friend! It has definitely been a trial of a week and it's only just begun!

      Delete
  2. Sorry, feel better! The dog picture is so cute - where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled "Calgon, take me away!" and looked at images and found the picture of the dog without the caption. I saved the picture and added my own caption. I thought it was a perfect image for how I'm feeling!

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry that you all have been fighting off such a bug! Glad to hear it has mostly run its' course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are starting to feel better. I said a prayer that both you and GB got a nap in today. Hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like nearly a month of sickness and holiday and crazy (which sounds a little similar to my own)...hope you all feel better soon and that you get the energy to write again (yay writing!!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you and your family. Hope y'all are on the mend, that your little one will nap, and that you can get some much needed rest!!!

    ReplyDelete