Every year, for as long as I can remember, I have made New Year's resolutions. Sometimes I've been super formal about it and done the whole "this year I resolve to....." kind of thing. Sometimes I've been more casual about it, like "I'm going to try to.....this year." Some years, I've sworn that I'm not going to resolve anything at all because it never works and then wind up resolving something anyway and only half attempting it for a few days.
This year, I'm trying something totally different. This year I'm going to join up with oneword365.com to choose a word to focus on in order to better myself this year. The idea behind this is that rather than making some specific resolution that requires a lot of effort, planning, or motivation to stick with, you choose some kind of idea that you want to incorporate into your life via this word. You can choose any word you like, but most people choose a verb or an adjective that means something to them.
Because I'm an overachiever (or more likely because I'm crazy), I've chosen not one, but two words for 2015. My two words are....
I chose this word not because I want others to follow me or this blog, but because I need to follow -- follow through with unfinished projects, follow up on some responsibilities I've been neglecting, and do my best to continue to follow Him despite my struggles. And my other word is how I'm incorporate "follow" into my life.
I want to try my best to write a little something every day in 2015. I may not succeed at this one because, well, let's face it, life gets busy, but I'm going to try. One of the reasons I resurrected my blog was to try and get into a habit of writing a little bit each day. Writing is something I've always loved and I have found it helpful in keeping me grounded amidst the darkness of depression. It may only be a few words and it may not be terribly profound, but the goal is to write something each day.
If you want to join me in this endeavour, click the link above and check it out!


Love these! I think that being a part of our 31 Day Survivor's group will definitely inspire you to write more! I will be praying for time, energy and creative ways to write every day---even if it's in your head while you're playing with your kids or driving in the car. I do a lot of "writing" like that! :-)
ReplyDeleteBlessings-
Christine
Thank you, Christine! I appreciate your prayers so much! I do a lot of writing like that too. I actually have a little notebook I keep in the van to jot things down as they come to me. Need to get back to that as I've not done much of it lately. Thanks for the comment!
DeleteI love your words friend! I have a word too but just haven't gotten around to posting my oneword post yet. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow! :)
ReplyDeleteI need to go get caught up on your blog, my friend. I'm afraid I've been so snowed under with caring for Gray and trying get well myself I've neglected to reply to my comments or keep up with reading. I'm glad we've been able to keep up with each other via Voxer though!
DeleteThese are great!! Looking forward to seeing what 2015 has in store for you!!
ReplyDeleteGreat words, I have also been trying to write something everyday, even if it is just a short amount. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteThank you Tobi! It sounds like an easy enough thing, but in practice it's a bit harder, you know? Happy New Year to you too!
DeleteI love your words - and your resolution to write. You really have a gift. I wrote more during 2015 than maybe any other year (not all on my blog) and it felt SO good.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! That is such a sweet compliment! I really enjoyed reading your blog during the 31 Days and although I've not commented lately, I've been reading still. It does feel so good to write and sometimes you just need to get stuff out, you know. I hope you"ll have lots of time to write this year too!
DeleteLove your words - and I will FOLLOW your blog; love your writing and that you are "resolving" to WRITE every day...it's not how much or how long your post is...but that you FOLLOW through on your what you will WRITE every day! I did not choose a OneWord for this year; maybe next year when I have some more time to get over being a "newbie" blogger!
ReplyDeleteI follow several other blogs and do write ALMOST every day (unless the challenge is a specific time period like 25 days of Blogmas 2014)...and I am also resolving to write more!! I am at 97 posts since I began blogging the end of Sept. 2014 (only one so far in 2015)!.
Thanks for sharing...looking forward to following!
Aw, thank you Barbara! I really appreciate that so much! It's a hard resolution to keep, but I'm really trying. The first couple of weeks of the new year have made it really difficult, actually thanks to sickness and travelling and stress. Hopefully, with a bit of luck, things will slow down a little and I can get into a routine with my writing. I just hit 100 posts recently which really surprised me as I only began really writing in this blog on an active basis in September too. You and I have a lot in common! :)
DeleteI hope you have a wonderful 2015! I'm following your blog too!
Good for you! Both of your words are wonderful ones :). Mine is 'deeper'--which is a little scary for me because I'm afraid of water and I don't like being vulnerable (which means going deeper in my relationships). May God be with you as he reveals what those words mean for you!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I can understand totally how scary that can be. To be honest, "follow" is a bit scary for me because I know it's going to really challenge me and I've felt like the last couple of years have been pretty stinking challenging enough without any additional stuff added on top; however, both of these words were what I felt God was calling me to choose, so I couldn't ignore them. Pray for me and I'll pray for you as we venture forth into the new year with these words! God bless you, Anita!
Delete