Hello friends!
It's been a solid week since I last posted. Well, actually, that's not quite true. My last post was this past Saturday, but after I posted it, I had second thoughts about it and wound up pulling it. I don't normally do that (this was the first time), but it was a very personal sort of post and while I don't regret having written it, I questioned my judgment at the time that I published it as it was very late and I was very tired. When I looked at it again in the light of day, I realized that perhaps it was better off kept to myself. I apologize to anyone who might have read it and then went looking for it again later.
This has been a very difficult week or so since my last published post. To be honest, this illness that I struggle with has been kicking my butt up one side and down the other and has been rather unrelenting. I am very grateful to Gray and Pendragon both. They have been helping me to sort out my thoughts and try to work through things and process things. My dear "big brother" Chez has been praying for me like mad and has served as a sounding board for my frustrations during this too. To say I am thankful for all the support I have in my life is quite the understatement. Eventually, I want to do some writing about what has been on my mind this week, but now is not the time. For now I will say that after nearly a week and a half of stumbling and falling through the murky depths, I am finally starting to feel that fog lift a little. I feel a little more even-footed, if still a bit weak.
One good thing that has come of all of this is that I have come to realise through this recent difficulty that there is something I need to do for myself and as of tomorrow, I am going to be taking a rather huge step towards doing it. I will be talking about this in time, but for now, I'll suffice to say that it's something I have been discerning for a good year now.
Now that things are shifting back to some semblance of normal (although it's not really "normal" but a less intense state of depression that is easier to muddle through), I am going to endeavour to get back to writing more frequently. This means that since tomorrow is Friday, I'll have a Five Minute Friday post for you and I'm going to resume my Daybook Journal on Tuesday and Theology Thursday next week. There might even be another post or two thrown in for good measure if the mood strikes me.
Pax Christi!
So happy to hear the fog is lifting some! Glad to see you here again friend!
ReplyDelete