Even if you're not Catholic, you may be thinking about "giving something up" for Lent. I'm going to try to write a little bit about what Lent means for Catholics for this Thursday's edition of Theology Thursday, but until then, here's a link with a few ideas of things to either give up or add to your life this Lent which will help strengthen your walk with Christ and prepare your heart for Easter:
102 Things You Really Should Give Up for Lent
P. S. This link is from a Catholic youth group program called LifeTeen International, so it's aimed at high school age teens. It's funny, but has some great ideas for young and old alike!
For the last several years I've decided to pray through my FB friends list for Lent. I love taking something on and it is so powerful to look back and see which prayers have been answered!
ReplyDeleteThat's an excellent idea for something to do. One of the things I know I want to do for Lent is to start wearing my holy medals and crucifix again. At some point after coming home from that horrible place, I stopped wearing them and I haven't been able to make myself put them back on. I think I want to give something up although I'm still noodling over that one. I haven't done anything or given anything up the last two years, so this is a shift for me.
Delete