October is rapidly approaching (6 more days!) and I am starting a new challenge for the month. Over at Kate Motaung's blog she mentioned a challenge she's going to start and I think it looks like a good one for me to try. It's a 31 days of writing challenge. I've been working hard to try and write in this blog at least once each day and so far I've been pretty successful with it, but I want to continue to challenge myself to further ingrain the habit.
I'm still rather new at this blogging every day thing, but the way I look at it, a sort of structured challenge gives me something to work toward each day. It's like having a goal. Like the Five Minute Friday challenge, this one involves writing consistently, but instead of every Friday (although I'll continue that), it's every day for the entire month of October. She got the idea from another blogger, The Nester, who started this challenge initially. The idea behind this challenge is that you choose one theme and write for a solid month on that one theme. That is going to be a difficult thing because I'm pretty sure that even as I've been typing this blog entry, the Holy Spirit is challenging me to write something that is going to be very very difficult. I know there are a few of you who are reading my words, so I'm going to ask you to pray for me as I discern this topic and decide how to approach it. I would just ignore this little nudge from the third person of the Holy Trinity, but the nudge would just get stronger and more insistent. Plus, whenever the Holy Spirit prompts me to do something, I always benefit from listening and obeying. I have to admit that the prospect of what He is asking of me scares the fool out of me, but I know that if I obey, it will only be for my good in the long run.
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment