Friday, September 19, 2014

Five Minute Friday: Hold

The weather outside my window is sunny and bright, but the temperature says that fall is on it's way and fast. The leaves are starting to change ever so slightly and as I look at the calendar, I am reminded that September is more than half over and October is more than peeking over the horizon. Hold. I am trying to breathe and remember that it is just that time of year, but I know once October arrives, the rest of the year will flash by in a rapid blink. This time of year is very busy for our family with four birthdays, an anniversary, four Holy Days of Obligation, four major holidays, all the extra shopping and baking and planning that all of that entails, and all of this on top of the day to day things like laundry, homework, dinner, school, and bedtime prayers. Hold. I am trying my best to hold onto something steady so that during this time of busy insanity I keep hold of my mind and spirit, but it is a tough thing to do. Prayer helps and if I'm being honest, I probably could do that a bit more often than I have of late. Keeping the faith by regular Mass attendance and confession and doing the day to day things of faith -- prayer, singing in the choir, reading scripture, other spiritual reading -- are helpful too. They hold me fast when everything around me spins out of control or when it feels like it is spinning out of control. Hold me, O Lord, and keep me close to you. Hold me close to the heart of your Precious Son, Mother Mary. Hold me up in your prayers, all you Holy Saints and Angels. 

Breathe. Pray. Hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment