Introductory note: I'm going to try to do this Five Minute Friday thing starting today, September 4, 2014, in an effort to actually get into the habit of writing in this blog. The basic gist of the Five Minute Friday is that you use the prompt provided (which can be found at Kate Motaung's blog Headed Home - Five Minute Friday) and you write for five minutes. Here's the thing -- no editing what you write. That's going to be a hard one for me to follow because I'm a bit of a grammar/spelling/punctuation Nazi. I'm going to do my very best though to not edit myself and just write for five minutes about the prompt. What this means is that I will be writing whatever is on my heart and in my head which could mean some very interesting and not terribly blog-theme appropriate Friday entries. I'll try to keep them related to my blog theme (Southern, Catholic, Momma/family) but I can't promise that they won't venture into something else altogether. The other element of the Five Minute Friday is that you're supposed to link your post to the larger Five Minute Friday community, but as I am currently keeping this blog on the down low, I'm not linking up with it yet. I might do that at some point, but for now, my FMF posts will be just here. If you want to link up with the community, Kate gives instructions on how to do that at the link above. Anyhow, without further ado, here's my first foray into the world of Five Minute Friday!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whisper
I hear so many things throughout my day that whisper into my ears, but far more that whisper into my heart. The sound of my children's raucous laughter is a whisper. The whir of the ceiling fan in our bedroom is a whisper. The sound of the sigh that just escaped my lips because my children are fighting over what to watch on Netflix is a totally different kind of whisper. These are all audible whispers and in some ways, heart whispers too. I am trying to be more cognizant of those heart whispers in my day to day life but it is hard. The internal struggles of depression whisper into my head and heart as well. I am well aware of those whispers. Some of them are whispers of love from my husband as he holds me close and consoles me yet again as I am crying. Some of them are whispers of lies that my depressed brain tells me over and over again. Some of them are the whispers of perspective that my "big brother" friend gives me when he and I talk on the phone. Some of them, although not so much at the moment, are the whispers of the Holy Spirit. For me, those whispers are harder to hear right now. Whispers are everywhere if you know where to look.
No comments:
Post a Comment