Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Meditation on Psalm 8 and Psalm 139

 A Meditation on Psalm 8 and Psalm 139
*inspired by Michael Card's "Starkindler"

What is man that You are mindful of Him?
You have kindled my soul from Your endless imagination and unfathomable power
You knit my bones and formed my being
You counted my days before their commencing.

The stars above me bear witness to Your supreme power,
The music I hear to Your infinite creativity
When I look above me into the vast expanse of space
The sky stretching on and on towards the heavens
Strewn with stars and planets
I wonder, breathless, why You created little, tiny me.

The vast oceans roll into the shore
Shifting grains of sand beneath their waves
While breezes lift my hair
And my skin drinks deeply of the sun's warm rays.
Birds soar upon the currents
And nestle in trees
Which teem with their own life
And the myriad of life which also makes its refuge in their branches.
Each creature, from tiniest insect to the largest mammals
Were shaped in all their complexity by Your fingers
Their courses directed and needs provided for by Your hands.
Grasses, plants, flowers, and every living thing springs forth by Your command
A symphony of beauty
And a tribute to Your Eternal Majesty.

With all of this vast creation, so intricate, elegant, and beauteous,
Who am I that You, the God of the Universe,
The Starkindler
Should sculpt me to reflect Your likeness
Send Love into the world as a perfect sacrifice for me,
And enkindle within this soul You made, the fire of Your Spirit?
Who am I, that You are mindful of me?


Today's post is my first ever link up with this week's #RaRaLinkup at Kelly Balarie's blog, Purposeful Faith. I hope you enjoy it and find it uplifting! Thanks to my friend Tara for introducing me to it via her blog!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad to have you join us at the RaRa Linkup. It has become one of my fave linkups.

    ReplyDelete