****
I watch as she turns over and over across the floor in cartwheels and forward rolls. She is compact and strong, a bundle of kinetic energy springing forth from her almost seven year old frame.
I watch as she toddles toward the door, giggles, and turns back to toddle to me again. She is growing every day, but still soft with baby rolls, baby soft hair, and laughter.
I watch as the days turn into years and my three girls grow and I long at times to turn back the clock. They are perpetual motion machines at times and then just as sudden, they turn into me for hugs, snuggles, and kisses. As much as my heart longs for days gone past, I am glad to watch them change to become the beautiful women that God is making them into with each turn.
![]() | |
| Join the fun at Kate Motaung's blog! |

These turns are definitely part of life...I think it's important to appreciate the past, but not linger there and also enjoy the present as well as what will become of the people we now know. I guess watching your kids grow up is an important lesson! :) Happy Friday! – your FMF neighbor
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWatching your kids grow up is equal parts bitter and sweet. There have been a few times recently, when I've looked at my oldest daughter and not quite recognized her. It goes so fast!
ReplyDeleteLove!!! Such a beautiful post! Your girls are so lucky to have you as their momma.
ReplyDeleteMy heart agrees with this beautiful post completely. I like looking through scrapbooks at my children as they grow but even more I love spending time with them now and I pray for their future, that they keep on the right paths! :) Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteA lovely post to be sure! Makes my heart long for the day when my own girls were little...twirling and turning...doing cartwheels and giggling...snuggling and hugging. Oh! I miss those days! But am proud of the beautiful, godly women they have become. Have a blessed weekend! <3
ReplyDeleteCatching up on some reading - I loved your post on the FMF word TURN...thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete