****
Give.
What can I do with that? I stare at the word for the longest time and think a million thoughts, none of which are remotely related to "give" or if they are, they are more along the lines of some of my previous Five Minute Friday entries which have fed off the darkness in my mind. I hold back and wonder if I can really do it this week. Am I hesitant because I do not wish to share any more of my journey or is it for another reason? Is it because I wish to write something new instead of the same old thing? Why do I care so much? This is supposed to be writing that is done for me primarily and only shared because I enjoy the community that goes along with it. How long will I sit here and dither over this before I finally screw up my nerve, start the clock and begin typing? Not much longer, it appears as inspiration suddenly strikes and my fingers fly across the keyboard in a rhythmic tapping, leaving letters and words and phrases in their wake.
As I read back over it before hitting publish, I wonder if I dare to share this with the rest of the community. I muse over it and think that perhaps it would be best to stop and leave these words to another day or perhaps another season. I am tired and perhaps I ought to turn in for a few hours sleep before contemplating this again. My fingers still their pace over the keyboard as I insert the last few characters and glance back up over my work. I am quiet for a moment or two, pondering and weighing whether to delete it all and begin anew or stay with what I have written, link up and see what happens. In a moment, the decision is made and I am finished. I decide to offer this up as a little gift of thanksgiving in light of the Thanksgiving Day that has just passed.
It is my gift to you who so kindly come and read my natterings on this blog. Did you notice what I have given you?
![]() |
| Join the Five Minute Friday party at Kate Motaung's blog! |

Hello #FMFparty neighbor. I wasn't sure if I would have anything to offer this week either. Perhaps there is value in just showing up, even if we don't feel the words flow freely or are useful to anyone other than us? I love how you linked to past posts. Very creative.
ReplyDeleteI did notice! :) I love how you used some of the other FMF prompts in this post too. Love ya friend!
ReplyDeleteYour gave us your thoughts. Sacred and precious, they are worth sharing.
ReplyDeleteI think one of my favorite things I'm discovering about the five minute word prompts is that they bring us in touch with raw emotion. We don't have time to think it through or make it pretty. It's just us. Maybe showing the world what God already sees. A broken person falling into Him. I appreciated your musings.
ReplyDelete