Some of you reading this may have read my "about me" page, so if you have, I apologize. There might be a few repeats. To that end, I'll try to keep this to some bullet points for ease of reading and hopefully so I don't duplicate as much :) Here's a few basics:
- I am a Roman Catholic Christian. This was not always the case.
- I am happily married to my beloved Gray (a pseudonym, as all names on my blog are) for almost 10 years now.
- I have three beautiful daughters, ages 8, 7, and almost 2.5. They go by M2, AB, and GB.
- I grew up in the Southeastern USA and still live there to this day. I have a love/hate relationship with my place of birth and residence.
- I am a sci-fi/fantasy geek and fangirl. Doctor Who and Harry Potter are two of my biggest fandoms.
- I am a book nerd and have been since I began reading at around age 3. I almost always have at least three or more books going at once.
- If you've read my 31 Days series, you will know that I struggle with major depression. It has been a fact of life for me and something I have had to figure out how to manage for over 25 years. In the last two years, it has been a constant companion with almost no relief. That is the main thrust of my 31 Days series. Depression is also one of the reasons that my writing isn't as constant as I'd like it to be.
- Speaking of blog series, I am a mostly regular participant in the Five Minute Friday blog series hosted by Kate Motaung at her blog Heading Home.
- I am rather short and Rubenesque and I love my naturally curly brown hair. Currently, it's just past my shoulders which is about the length I like it best -- not too short or too long.
- I love chocolate and rarely go a day without having a little chocolate of some kind.
- Coffee is essential for life. Seriously. I am not a morning person by nature and coffee ensures that I am able to function in the morning even when I don't feel like it.
- Tea is also something I love and have since my first sip of it as a child at a tea party. I do not like iced tea -- sweet or unsweet -- unlike most every other Southerner I know. If I am at a gathering where I've been given iced tea as a drink without being asked what I'd like, I will actively look for water or ask if there is water or some other beverage available.
- My mom swears that because of the above, I cannot be truly Southern. I also do not like coleslaw, pimento cheese spread, or vegetables that have been cooked within an inch of their life (the one exception being green beans which I will eat unless they are super mushy).
- I do not have a pronounced Southern accent. I cannot tell you the number of times someone has heard me speak and they've said, "Now where are you from?" and then looked astonished when I said, "I'm from here. Born and raised." Non-locals and friends from other parts of the country laugh when I say this because they hear a Southern accent, but then a lot of them have never been exposed to the heavy thick Southern accent that a LOT of folks have in these parts.
- I have a tendency to pick up and unconsciously imitate the accents of people I'm around for any length of time. I'm sure some people may think I'm doing it intentionally, but it's really a weird reflexive thing and I don't usually notice I'm doing it until someone points it out.
- I have a single tattoo on my upper left thigh. It is a rather recent acquisition as I've only had it for a little over a year. I absolutely love it. I never thought I'd ever get one, but there is a story behind why I did and what this tattoo means. Perhaps I'll write about that during this month.

There are so many things I love about this post. I too am a tea drinker. I love to read too...but have been lax at that lately. One difference is that I do like sweet tea! :p I want to learn more about your tattoo sometime. I don't think I'll ever be brave enough to get a tattoo.
ReplyDeleteYay for tea! I truly wish I liked iced tea, but I just can't stand it. I keep hearing how refreshing it is on a hot day (and goodness knows it gets hot in the summer where I live), but every time I've tried it, I just haven't been able to do it. I have found some herbal teas that I like iced. Teavana has a pineapple blueberry tea blend they serve iced that is phenomenal! I am planning a post all about my tattoo and the story behind it. I never thought I'd be brave enough for one either, but then things change. Look for my tattoo story later this month. I have a particular date that I want to post it and you'll understand why when you see it :)
DeleteI really enjoyed reading this post. Yes, tea is an afternoon tradition for me. I homeschool, and put the kettle on as soon as we finish our afternoon school work. My husband and I also drink hot tea together on the weekends. I am looking forward to reading the tattoo story.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! My husband will occasionally drink tea, but usually only if he's in need of caffeine and we have no soda or coffee or sometimes at his parents' house. They drink hot tea pretty frequently and usually have a little canister of Red Rose tea bags on a shelf in the kitchen. The tattoo story is coming!
Delete